Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chicago

On Monday we went into Chicago. We had a wonderful meal at the Art Institute. Then I set out to see the area of town that I had lived in once upon a time.

Here's our old apartment building.






















It's gone condo! The doorman said I should go up and see the sales office.






















Here's the view from the sales office, which is much the same as the view from our old place. Gorgeous and what fun to see it again.
















I walked up Michigan Avenue, and stopped at Border's near the Water Tower. The table where we used to sit was free, so I sat there and took this picture for my husband. I showed it to him when I got home and he recognized it instantly.






















Nancy and I went out for lots of delicious Indian Food and then back to the B&B to confirm our flights for the next day.

It was a great trip. Thank you, Nancy! Hope we don't wait ten years to get together again!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

...Not-enough-time said...

I enjoyed this even tho I wasn't in your class and have never been to your home town. The photos are great and look much better than the 1" previews you showed me. Wonderful, sentimental travelogue.

Not-enough-time.